Mount Vernon Estate
One staycation idea is to spend the day in Alexandria. If you do go there, set aside some time to visit the Mount Vernon Estate, Museum, and Gardens. Take the mansion and outbuildings tour, visit the museum and education center, George Washington’s tomb, Distillery and Gristmill, or take the 45 minute cruise to see the estate from the water. It truly is fascinating. Make the most of your trip and take advantage of their day planner, which can be downloaded online. Before you visit though, be sure to take a moment and read the tips laid out below. They should help you to save a little extra money on your total admission costs. In addition to that you should also find a listing of the latest known coupons for discounted admission to the Mount Vernon Estate listed below as well.
Tips & Coupons
- If you are a senior, be sure to mention this and you will save $1 off your admission price to the Mount Vernon Estate.
- Get an annual pass to Mount Vernon. An individual pass actually pays for itself in less than 2 visits.
- Check out the savings packages which include your general admission ticket plus tickets for other activities on the estate. You can save as much as 40% on tickets with the savings packages.
- Sign up for the newsletter and / or follow the Mount Vernon Estate on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. They do send out news of upcoming promotions and sometimes coupons that are exclusive to their newsletter subscribers or Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube followers.
- If you get the Valpak coupon mailer, check inside for coupons for the Mount Vernon Estate. They sometimes advertise coupons in there.
- Get together a group of 20 or more people and everyone in the group will get a discount on their admission to Mount Vernon. At last check you save $3 per person with the group discount.